Tuesday, July 05, 2005

One with Nature

Well, my day begins with feeding my pets. I have to feed my lab (Floppy...incase you were wondering, yes that's my sweet doggy's name) then, our dash (Titu...he came with the name when we bought him, or else he could have been something more hi-tech like CD...hah) then, our fishes in the cement tank in the garden....and then, its the turn of my favourite feathered friends, the crows!

Yup, I feed the crows...it isn't exactly a part of my chores but I simply love meeting them. Whenever I go to feed the dogs, I find them waiting on the gate and outside. Well, now we have all become so pally that they hop around in our compund...even when the dogs are there! The dogs get along well with them too...anyway, the birds simply ignore them. My dogs I guess, don't seem to be suffering from any kinda ego problem considering the crows are not afraid of them.

The number of birds seem to be gradually increasing...we started off with just 4-5 of us, uh, I mean the birds....and now we have like around 19-23 of them flying over for breakfast. Its so cool...simply amazing. It is a totally different and special feeling to be able to walk up to them, and not have them fly off...it shows that they have started to trust you. To know that they trust me and like me(?) makes me feel very happy.

Its a wonderful way to relax...the variety in nature never ceases to amaze me....I doubt whether it ever will...Cheers to a more beautiful and peaceful world!

11 comments:

-Poison- said...

No wonder the crow population is on the surge...

Unknown said...

hey... first time here.. came via the Kerala blogrolls.. :)
hmmm.. crows for pets!!thats different.. but, its true that to win trust all thts required is jus pure and unconditional love wherein u don't expect anything back.. but, u r bound to get back alottt.... :)
holds good for any living creature, incl humans :D
am i confusing??? :P

Nivedita said...

Well, I think ours crows are something we must be proud of.I have seen foreigners stop to watch crows jumping in rain water puddles on the road. For them to do that, the crows must really be something..don't you think so? We must think of including them as a part of our tourist attractions...hehe..ok, maybe I'm getting a little too much, huh?

Nivedita said...

Ya, prasad, I agree that sometimes love is all that is required...but only sometimes..!

And about giving without expecting anything back...thats so true. Do what you have to do and leave the rest to nature/God...you'll definitely get back in double of what you gave!

crossblade said...

ah..great to know u have a lab..
we have one at home too..
so happy crow feeding...lol
God bless

One in the crowd said...

aaah...finally a blogger from tvm...have been in this city for precisely 12 days...been frantically trying to find a blogger from tvm...

as for feeding crows, that's a real cool thing but does that hospitality extend to human beings...coz i m having a torrid time finding a good cook out here...forgot the last time i had a breakfast

Nivedita said...

Hey, blah_blah_blogger
Oh, don't worry...there are several bloggers from tvm, for you to find. You shouldn't be feeling too lonely...there are many of us blogging...=)

Well, as far as the whole hospitality issue is concerned...the birds and animals I feed totally depends on me. But if the animal is a human being...then higher authorities will intervene...my parents, ofcourse. haha

Good luck at finding a good cook. Lets hope you find one, SOON!

One in the crowd said...

you can convince your higher authorities that this animal is going to be strictly outside the compound...lol...but anyway, i found a cook...a reasonably decent one...

as for bloggers, where are the rest of them...any leads?

Nivedita said...

You looking for bloggers from tvm? Simply click on trivandrum on any trivandrum bloggers' profile and you get this loooong list...easy, na? Very..!

One in the crowd said...

as they say, common sense is really uncommon...I m a glittering example...thanks anyway...will be around on ur blog...

Martin Morgan said...

i have a pet cat and a pet dog too..

Buy Dissertation | write help