Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I Love Money!

Thats the name of the book (by Suresh Padmanabhan) I'm currently reading...its all about money!

I had a little starting trouble...found it a bit boring in the begining Didn't really want to continue reading....but now half way through I am really glad I did.

Its a totally different take on money...something I've never come across before. Things we have been brought up to believe as taboos have been opposed...with solid explanations. With excellent use of short examples and stories...this book makes very interesting reading matter.

It reminds you of basic stuff which we have either ignored or not counted as important.
Like saving coins too. Most people don't give too much importance too loose change....but even that can add up to a lot!

I liked the part on keeping your wallet organized and neat. Mine is totally opposite to that....I don't even have a wallet for that matter. The 'thing' that I carry my money in has everthing else in excess but money...loadsa bus tickets of course..hah

Positive thinking amounts in a huge way to making money. Ofcourse you can't just snap money out of thin air...the right mind set could make the whole act of making money a lot more pleasurable.

The books got a very casual and flowing style to it...very contrary to what you'd expect for such serious topics....but hey, even the title is very unusual and catchy! I couldn't possible reveal all the points...it wouldn't be fair to the author, I feel.

Whats important is that unless you respect money, it won't stay with you...just as in the case of any living thing.

4 comments:

One in the crowd said...

Any tips that u have picked up from the book? From ur previous posts, u come across as a very generous person...so let me in on a few money making secrets

nibujohn said...

am here for the first time, nivedita. good tht you didnt let off the tricks in the book. the guy who thought all that out should get the credit.

and true, you cant afford to be silly with money.

the entry was a good one.keep going.

Vijaychandran Veerachandran said...

Hey u got an interesting style for writing I like it

Whats important is that unless you respect money, it won't stay with you...just as in the case of any living thing.

Very true.. As any living thing money got a soul of itself. Unless u repect money will never stay.. This father always tell to me a lot. One of the primary lesson to be rich .. Gotcha



take care
Vijay

Martin Morgan said...

everybody does, and if he says he does'nt, he lying!!

Dissertation Writing | Course works | writing