Saturday, November 05, 2005

Diwali Dhamaka

I had a really fantastic diwali...!
The started off with a family breakfast at my aunt's place. Every year we have breakfast at her place for Diwali....I simply love it and I also got to have gulab jamuns after a very long time. Wow!
Went out for dinner again with family members and it was great. Well, basically spending time with family is always great..!
Then we all came home to burst crackers...only mild noiseless ones because we have a baby in the family (my nephew who is below 1). Well, everything was going on well, until at the very end we were left with several giant sized match sticks. I had a sudden brainwave that lighting all the oversized left over matchsticks together will be lovely to look at and a fantastic thing to do. Implementing this incredible idea I took around 10-12 of those oversized matchsticks and lit them all together and *BAM* before I knew it there was a big fire and all...and now I am left with 2 very burnt fingers. aaargh...the pain and the stinging sensation was incredible...it gave me a clear view of the gates of heaven (yeah, I'm sure I'll be off to heaven and nowhere else!) Not a single tear flowed down my cheek...no scream or cries from me..just a feeling of pain and shame..haha...God! I have never felt so foolish and stupid before!
Loads and loads of 'Burnol' followed, along with a simultaneous abundance of advice and "I told you to be careful..." surrounding an embarrassed little me.

My fingers are now multi couloured...the folds of my skin hidden from the fire are still light brown and the rest of it looks charred..ugh! I feel like a zebra and looking at my hand reminds me of those movies and music videos where the hero/heroine lies and hides from their lover because of a burn/scar or whatever....oh, it looks so much like my poor fingers. Worst thing is this happened to my right hand, to my thumb and index fingers..the fingers I need to hold a pen. Its better now...I am back in action..have to submit my records on Monday, you see.

Anyway...I guess some bad karmas of the past have been accounted for...one life cut short in the many more births left....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ഉത്തരേന്ത്യയില്‍ മുഴുക്കെയും ദക്ഷിണേന്ത്യയില്‍ തരക്കേടില്ലാതെയും ദീപാവലി ആഘോഷിക്കുമ്പോഴും കേരളം അതില്‍ നിന്ന് വിട്ടു നിന്നു. എന്നാല്‍ തിരുവനന്തപുരത്തു മാത്രം ദീപാവലി ആഘോഷങ്ങള്‍ പൊടിപൊടിക്കുന്നു. ആഘോഷം നല്ലതു തന്നെ, ഒരു അവധി കിട്ടുന്ന കാര്യമല്ലേ! എന്നാണാവോ ദീപാവലി, തിരുവനന്തപുരത്തു നിന്ന് കാല്‍നടയായോ വാഹനമാര്‍ഗ്ഗമോ വടക്കന്‍ കേരളത്തില്‍ എത്തുന്നത്?

One in the crowd said...

but that's how it is...unless you haven't burnt a finger or two, you've not celebrated diwali...

silentyogi said...

i too remember !! when i celbrated my deepavalies with my family and friends. now that all those days are gone, i feel a lil envy :) at you people.

and you old blogger template was good than this one, ( this is just a comment from my side ) dont take it seriously !! :)

Prakash Gopan V said...

I reckon, Rajesh is correct. Didn't you feel that the color was a bit jazzy?

Navaneeth said...

next time..use a wiketkeeper glouse to protect ur hands:)

Nivedita said...

Well, my hand is doing a lot better now. New skin has started coming back..yay!!
Ok, I'll change my template. Thing is I thought why not go in for something bright and loud. The other one was very pleasant, so just for a change. Anyway, I'll try some other template then, no harm in experimenting, hmm..now lemme see...

Phillip Martin said...

is this festival celebrated in accordance with the calendar year??

Assignment Help | Thesis Help | Essay