Sunday, May 30, 2004

Fusion Delight!

I saw a most spectacular performance today....Lakshmi Gopalaswamy, depicted the climax of Othello with the help of Indian classical dance forms. It was most certainly a visual delight. The way the dream sequences were shown was truly innovative....the background score was fantastic too. Today I got to see a slice of how beautiful Kerala's very own dance form Kathakali is. The grace, the movements are all awsome. I must say it was definitely time well spent.
The function was held at Tagore theater and was organized by Jyothis Arts in collabration with Lakshya Arts.

1 comment:

Kraz Arkin said...

Hey U, youself and thou,

nice to see that there are still people who appreciate the goodness that is kerala.my fiath in this state had evaoprated long ago. what with mindless stuff being churned out day in and day out on TV i was wondering whatever happened to my state that used to be a connosieur of the fine tastes. also read ur piece on biking. theres nothing like the wind n ones hair on a nice summer day (but the monsoons mustve put a damper on that). i too wrote about kerala. if u r interested check out my blog.

kraz out.